Implement JDA Merchandise Management System to Improve Performance & Increase Profits
Merchandise management is the heart of a retailer’s enterprise software. To help a company achieve peak performance, a merchandise management system must be able to adapt to changes across sales channels, provide visibility into inventory position, and empower users to act quickly on market shifts and corporate initiatives. If you’re interested in implementing an advanced retail merchandising system at your business, you can feel confident turning to RPE, a leading retail consulting firm specializing in merchandising and supply chain solutions. Our knowledgeable retail consultants have extensive experience implementing the JDA Merchandise Management System (JDA MMS) at retail businesses throughout the United States and Canada. JDA Software is now Blue Yonder and RPE continues on as a trusted business partner for implementing, managing and hosting JDA and Blue Yonder retail software.
Why JDA MMS?
JDA MMS is recognized as being one of the most predominant retail merchandising systems addressing purchasing, basic allocations, receiving, transfers, physical inventory, price and cost management, replenishment, and sales processing. This complete and integrated software solution quickly enables retailers to drive sales, margins, and cash flow by getting the right products to the right place at the right time. With JDA MMS, retailers can reduce markdowns and better target merchandise allocations. JDA MMS leverages advanced pricing methods, integrated financial and warehousing capabilities, and customer order management functionality to increase revenues. It offers reliability, accuracy, and a flexible configuration. Plus, it’s scalable for growth. This software’s many robust capabilities include:
- Reporting/analytics — JDA MMS consolidates information from multiple systems, improving decision-making processes.
- Inventory control — By allowing retailers to align supply with consumer demand, JDA MMS helps them maintain the lowest possible inventory investment while still satisfying the needs of customers. It minimizes inventory distortion based on an analysis of customer buying behavior.
- Purchase order management — This software accurately and efficiently manages rebates and allowances. Thanks to bulk purchase orders and multi-drop purchase orders with multi-currency support, retailers can increase their productivity.
- Item management — With a system that supports styles and SKUs, JDA MMS helps retailers maintain a profitable mix of products. It also allows for multiple vendors per item, helping to increase efficiency.
- Price and cost management — JDA MMS uses comparative pricing, reduced return rates, and fewer repricing events to increase revenue and margins. It provides support for a variety of pricing strategies across channels and in each store.
- Replenishment — By optimizing safety stock, creating optimal order quantities, and integrating promotion buying, retailers can reduce inventory and increase turnover. Plus, more accurate inventory forecasts allow retailers to recover lost sales and reduce their lead time.
- General ledger — JDA MMS is designed for flexibility, allowing it to support specific needs and requirements. Retailers can easily and accurately upload journal entries from spreadsheets.
- Accounts payable — This software delivers improved matching capabilities. By using multiple term codes per vendor, it’s able to expedite processing.
- Warehouse management — JDA MMS maximizes the value of a distribution center to offer the greatest possible return. Retailers can plan, manage, and track how merchandise is stored and moved across warehouses and distribution centers to improve operations.
An added benefit is that JDA MMS operates on the cloud, allowing companies to efficiently access data anytime, from anywhere. When retailers deploy a cloud-based infrastructure, they eliminate the need to staff an IT department, keep up with constant upgrades, and worry about regulatory compliance and security safeguards. They can also rest easy knowing that the system will continue supporting core business and merchandising operations well into the future. Plus, retailers that deploy on the cloud often achieve a significantly faster return on investment when compared to companies that use traditional, on-premise deployments.
Why Choose RPE to Implement JDA MMS?
RPE is the best choice to implement the JDA Merchandise Management System. We’ve been serving North American retailers since 1999, and we understand the importance of fostering omnichannel growth and addressing ever-increasing customer demands. We have extensive experience implementing JDA MMS, and many of our associates are even former JDA employees who worked with this application since its inception. RPE is an IBM Silver Business Partner, and all of our cloud hosting is supported by IBM Power Systems built on advanced POWER9 technology.
Contact us for more information. We look forward to helping your company transform the way it does business.