Blue Yonder Portfolio Merchandise Management Improves Operational Performance and Optimizes Inventory Investment
Today’s dynamic retail industry requires merchandise management software that can adapt to changes across sales channels, provide visibility into inventory position, and empower employees to respond to changing market conditions. Fortunately, RPE’s experienced consultants implement Blue Yonder Portfolio Merchandise Management (PMM) software at retail businesses across the United States and Canada. PMM is an open, scalable, and integrated system that’s able to support all retail verticals, and it offers the following features:
- Financial management
- Inventory control and procurement
- Receiving, allocation, and replenishment
- Vendor, price, cost, and promotion management
This industry-leading retail merchandising solution was developed based on more than 25 years of best practices, and it’s currently used in more than 20 different countries worldwide.
How Can Blue Yonder PMM Help Your Retail Business?
PMM is designed to drive sales, margins, and cash flow, and it helps businesses like yours get the right products to the right place at the right time. With Blue Yonder PMM implemented, your company will be able to:
- Achieve peak operational performance
- Adapt to changes across sales channels
- Better align product supply with consumer demand
- Improve workflow management
- Leverage growth opportunities
- Maintain relationships with core customers
- React to market shifts and corporate initiatives
- Satisfy evolving consumer demands
Blue Yonder PMM can increase revenues at your retail business using advanced pricing and promotions. Once you’ve proactively implemented pricing based on user-defined rules, the software will automatically suggest changes and simulate pricing strategies. It can even evaluate other businesses’ prices, then recommend competitive pricing strategies.
PMM also provides you with insight into all cost factors, thereby helping your business improve margins. Additionally, PMM can help your retail business optimize its inventory investment across all channels. It confirms sufficient product quantities, supports daily store replenishment in accordance with sales patterns, and takes irregular sales peaks into account to avoid excess stock and reduce markdowns. By doing so, Blue Yonder PMM will help your business maintain the lowest possible inventory investment without sacrificing service.
It’s important to choose merchandise management software with features that will improve day-to-day operations at your retail business. That won’t be a concern with Blue Yonder PMM. This retail merchandising solution can:
- Track inventory throughout your enterprise
- Manage inventory by case quantity, inner packs, inventory units, sell units, and weight
- Differentiate between mandatory and optional attributes at various levels of the product hierarchy
- Tailor attribute assignments by any characteristic, including by fabric and by manufacturer
- Support push/pull replenishment, as well as unit-level perpetual inventory management
- Support vendor-to-store, distribution center-to-store, flow-through, and cross-dock distribution
- Manage purchasing and enable buyers to manage their open-to-buy while also streamlining allocations and markdowns
- Manage ordering, receiving, and transferring tasks
- Automate and integrate information management processes
- Support synchronized data and timely transactions
- Leverage analysis capabilities to drive more intelligent decision-making
- Facilitate exception management based on key performance indicators
What’s more, PMM is incredibly efficient. In fact, it’s capable of processing millions of transactions per hour. And, because PMM can support multiple concurrent languages, satisfy both universal standards and local requirements, and handle currency-specific transactions taxation, it’s an excellent choice for international retailers.
Why Choose RPE to Implement Blue Yonder Portfolio Merchandise Management?
RPE is a leading retail consulting firm that’s been assisting retailers with hardware and software solutions for more than 20 years, and many of our associates have worked with PMM since its inception. We offer a number of business consulting services, including:
- Business process improvement
- Configuration review and setup
- Custom application design
- New package implementation
- Project management
- Software version upgrades
- Strategic systems assessment
- User training sessions and documentation
We’re also very experienced with PMM on a technical level, and our implementation and support services can save your business both time and money. Our technical consulting services include:
- Base modifications
- Custom application development
- Data conversion and validation
- Health check
- Integration and interface development
- Oracle database configuration and stabilization
- PL/SQL program performance tuning
Find Out More
If you’re interested in having RPE implement Blue Yonder Portfolio Merchandise Management (PMM) software at your retail business, contact us today to get started.