Retail unified commerce has transformed how people shop. In today’s ultra-competitive environment, successful retailers must address sky high consumer expectations. With older systems and multiple point solutions, it’s challenging for retailers to capture a real-time snapshot of the entire operation across all channels.
Unified Commerce Platform
Today’s retailers need a unified commerce platform. This ensures a smooth information flow, in real time, across all channels, so everyone works with the same information. Retailers can accomplish this with appropriate interfaces or a platform solution that brings together the entire business. Merchandising, replenishment, store systems and all other key systems must work together. Most of all, retail unified commerce interfaces and solutions are the foundation for providing customers a true unified commerce shopping experience.
The historical model where retailers had different buyers and allocators for the various channels cannot support a true retail unified commerce strategy. Today’s retailers must act as one cohesive business. Customer and product data must interface in real time and not be operated in silos. In addition, this free flow of information across all channels is the key to enhancing the customer experience. Rather, retailers must move away from the traditional store-centric approach to a customer-centric strategy.
RPE is a leading retail consulting firm that works with all levels of retail management to assess current systems and software. We take the time to understand the direction your company is going and provide solutions to address current and future needs. We assist you in developing a retail unified commerce strategy and a plan to get there. This roadmap may include different approaches for different retailers. Each option is reviewed in detail to determine what make the most sense for your company to make a profitable transition.
Steps to a smooth retail Unified Commerce transition:
- Create a Roadmap – identify pains, opportunities and goals and how you want to get there
- Define Unified Commerce – all areas of the business must have the same definition of unified commerce
- Establish Partnerships – select interfaces or a retail solution that best addresses your needs today and into the future
- Gain Consensus – right from the start involve and gain buy in from all key management impacted and involve them throughout the project
- Set a Timeframe – this transition will take time and you should build in time for delays so that a realistic plan can be achieved
- Staff Appropriately – plan to bring in more staff as existing employees can’t perform current duties and complete the transition
- Be Flexible – retail is changing at warp speed and will continue to evolve so the plan must be reviewed often and adjusted along the way
Simplify retail unified commerce with RPE’s end-to-end retail consulting services including strategic planning, process improvement, package selection, implementation, hosting and post-implementation support. How consumers shop is changing. Therefore, successful retailers must deliver on customer expectations to stay competitive to today’s changing times.