Installing State-of-the-Art Hardware From IBM, Lenovo & Toshiba
Are you searching for a way to improve performance and processing power at your retail business? If so, consider upgrading your hardware system. Some retailers are hesitant to move forward due to cost concerns, but investing in new hardware is actually a smart financial decision because operations and maintenance expenses tend to increase as hardware grows older. With new hardware installed, you’ll save on these costs and increase efficiency at your company. Plus, new hardware enhances security, better complies with regulatory requirements, and accommodates future growth.
When selecting new hardware for your business, it’s important to thoroughly understand the software applications that will be running, since these have very unique nuances and will affect hardware demand. That’s where RPE comes in — we’re a trusted retail consulting firm that’s been serving clients since 1999, and we work with a wide array of operating environments, including IBM i, AIX, Linux, and Windows. You can rely on our depth of experience and trust that we’ll provide the right hardware solution for your software applications. And, we’ll assist with all necessary steps, including delivery, installation, setup, configuration, and even routine operations management.
Partnered With Leading Hardware Providers
We understand how important it is to provide our clients with the highest-quality products, which is why we’ve teamed up with three of the industry’s leading hardware providers: IBM, Lenovo, and Toshiba.
IBM Power Systems help retailers efficiently deliver large amounts of data across numerous devices and channels. Featuring power servers built on advanced POWER9 technology, this hardware is engineered to drive faster and more efficient data-centric applications, allowing for organizational transformation and improved business performance. IBM Power Systems support numerous operating systems — including IBM i, AIX, and Linux — ensuring compatibility. And, for maximum flexibility, they also support various databases such as DB2 Universal, Oracle, and SQL Server. Plus, RPE even offers complimentary IBM Power Systems & Security Health Checks to identify any configuration, performance, and security issues that could be compromising your system.
Lenovo servers provide a simple route to higher performance, enabling you to securely handle the simplest to most complex workloads. These innovative servers deliver top-notch agility and efficiency, and allow you to add processing, memory, and storage capacity as your company’s needs grow. Lenovo’s advancements in performance, scalability, and reliability provide the technology necessary to help your business innovate, thrive, and stay ahead of the competition.
Lenovo servers support the following operating systems, as well as any other operating system that’s compatible with Intel-based processors:
- VMware — Together, Lenovo and VMware offer a proven, trusted, and certified solution for clients looking to consolidate their server applications. They can increase hardware utilization, reduce hardware operating costs, and eliminate complexity for both large and small businesses.
- Microsoft — Lenovo and Microsoft work together through joint development initiatives to establish industry standards and provide leadership solutions.
- Linux — The Linux on Intel® world is moving ahead at an aggressive pace, and keeping up with the available resources can be quite a challenge. In response, Lenovo has placed a wealth of Linux on Intel resources at your fingertips, so you’ll be able to take full advantage of the combined power of Linux and Lenovo.
If you’re tired of having different server platforms running, underutilizing your servers, and consistently wasting resources, you may want to consider IT consolidation. Consolidating multiple servers onto fewer Lenovo servers can help you create an optimized end-to-end infrastructure, improving access to information, speeding up response times, more efficiently integrating data and applications, and potentially even lowering your total cost of ownership.
Toshiba hardware can help your company maximize its point of sale (POS) capabilities, improving performance, scalability, and adaptability. As a Certified Toshiba Retail Store Solutions Business Partner, RPE has extensive experience with Toshiba hardware and software. We’ll help you select a POS solution that will deliver optimal performance and reliability, increase employee productivity and operational efficiencies, and enhance the customer experience. We offer:
- TCx 800 — This all-in-one adjustable POS platform, which is Toshiba’s latest retail innovation, provides reliability and flexibility for today’s evolving retail environment. It can function as a POS system, kiosk, or self-service unit, and can be positioned anywhere in the store and paired with other Toshiba products. It features flexible configurations, three multi-touch screen sizes with anti-glare, multiple accessory ports and cable management, remote management and system monitoring, and the latest Intel seventh-generation processor technology.
- TCx 700 — As Toshiba’s most powerful POS system, TCx 700 delivers maximum performance, offering processing and storage capabilities that can drive the most demanding applications. Energy efficient and adaptable, it can transform the store experience from a POS transaction to a cross-channel POS experience. When paired with Toshiba software, it elevates POS to new levels. It’s easy to wake from a deep sleep and features a tool-free design with front access to all components, solid-state drive (SSD) options with scalable memory, and next-generation Intel technology. What’s more, retailers can even mix and match with new color options.
- TCx 300 — This series is a smart POS system for small and mid-size retailers who need an efficient store solution. It’s a high-performing, energy-efficient system that delivers exceptional customer service, allowing retailers to offer a personalized, interactive experience at checkout. It features deep-sleep automation, built-in power management, remote management, tool-free access to key components, and up to two video ports. And, the retail-hardened compact design saves on counterspace with an i5 processor that fuels powerful functions for performance improvement.
Many data breaches occur due to improperly installed POS applications, but our consultants have the expertise and tools necessary to securely access, install, maintain, and support payment applications and software in compliance with strict regulations.
If you’re interested in upgrading the hardware at your retail business, contact RPE today. We’ll be glad to provide you with additional information and schedule a consultation.